This is the ultimate buyer’s guide to the Best board for 3d printer . We would recommend using BIGTREETECH SKR 2 Control Board New Upgrade Silent Board for 3D Printer Based on SKR V1.4 Turbo Motherboard for BIQU B1 Compitable TMC2209, TMC2208, DRV8825 Support TFT Display, LCD, SPI Screen as it is our top pick for you
Best board for 3d printer Review :
BIGTREETECH SKR 2 Control Board New Upgrade Silent Board for 3D Printer Based on SKR V1.4 Turbo Motherboard for BIQU B1 Compitable TMC2209, TMC2208, DRV8825 Support TFT Display, LCD, SPI Screen
- Integrates a AOZ1284PI power regulator which supports 12-24V power input and a maximum output current of 4A – enough to power external components such as LEDs and even a raspberry pi;
- TMC Motor drivers can be used in SPI or UART mode by simply adjusting the onboard jumpers beneath each motor driver. Additionally you can connect or disconnect the TMC DIAG pin using an onboard jumper allowing you to use hard endstops or sensorless homing without the need to cut any pins.
- Includes a protection circuit on thermistor inputs which protects against short circuits between the heater cartridge and the bed heating element. This is a common mistake made by many users when replacing a nozzle or working on the hotend so we expect this feature to be a welcome one;
- Includes an additional heater protection circuit which protects against runaway heating on the bed and hotend heaters. By default, the heaters are off so if the MCU or MOSFETs are damaged, the heaters will shut down instead of enter into thermal runaway;
- If you have any questions, you can contact us via Amazon. We will help you to solve the problem which you meet. Thanks for your support and understanding.
BIGTREETECH SKR Pro v1.2 32-bit Motherboard high-Frequency 3D Printer Control Board, Support TMC5160, TMC2208, TMC2130, TFT28, TFT32, TFT35, 12864LCD ect.
- The main control uses the ARM-level Cortex-M4 series with a 32-bit dominant frequency of 168 MHz STM32F407ZGT6 chip, performance is greatly improved.
- Equipped with highly modular open source firmware Marlin2.0, it is convenient for users to DIY and further-development, to avoid the worry of not being able to master the core code.
- Motor driver support :TMC5160,TMC2208,TMC2130,ST820,LV8729, DRV8825,A4988, etc.Display screen support: BIGTREETECH- 2.8 inch TFT,BIGTREETECH-3.5 inch TFT, LCD2004,LCD12864.
- Support Serial WIFI Online Printing. 6 motor drives, 3 extruders, 3 CNC fans. Reserve extended ports of BL Touch, PWM, ADC, UART, I2C and SPI;Support power-off continuous printing, material cut detection, shutdown and other functions;Support for dual Z axis printers (series dual Z.
Fesjoy Parts Adapter Board, 3D Printer Parts Adapter Board with 82cm 30Pin Cable Compatible with XY-2 Pro/X5SA Series 3D Printer
- 100% brand new, quality assurance.
- Made of durable plastic, stable performance and long service life.
- Help integrate all lines into 30P cable to avoid clutter.
- 82cm cable, it is more convenient to use.
- Compatible with XY-2 Pro/X5SA Series 3D Printers.
BIGTREETECH Direct SKR Mini E3 V2.0 32Bit Silent Control Board Integrated with TMC2209 UART Stepper Mortor Driver for Upgrade Ender 3 Pro/5 3D Printer
- ※1. 【Product Name】: SKR MINI E3 V2.0, Version: V2.0 STM32F103RCT6
- ※2. 【MOS Tube】： The hot-bed MOS tube uses WSK220N04, a low on-resistance, a larger heat dissipation area and reduces heat generation
- ※3. 【Advantage】: Optimize the plate and the frame to avoid the phenomenon of screw hole gaps. Avoid the phenomenon of screws hitting components.※4. 【Functions】： Supports BLtouch, detection of blocked rotation, resumption of shutdown, shutdown after shutdown, etc .;
- ※5.【Q】What if I received a product which looks like used?What's going on?【A】: Amazon has a return service. Some buyers have already used our product. If the customer is not satisfied with our product, return it to Amazon. This is allowed; however, Amazon may return the product to a saleable location without checking it clearly. And then send it back, if you encounter this situation, please contact us directly, we will deal with the problem for you
- ※6.【SKR Mini E3 V2.0 Firmware】: Please search BIGTREETECH at GitHub.
Aoicrie MKS Gen L V1.0 3D Printer Integrated Mainboard Controller PCB Board Compatible Ramps1.4/Mega2560 R3 with A4988 Motor Driver for 3D
- Integrate 2560 and Ramps1.4 one PCB,which designed to avoid complicated connections, easier wiring and more stable Use high-quality 4 layer PCB&Use special power chip,support 12V-24V, also Use Run Marlin firmware,same as configuration way as Ramps1.4, it can replace Ramps1.4 directly.
- Use high quality MOSFET tube,better cooling and more stable.Use special power chip,support 12-24V input,reduce the heated bed current to 1/4 that slove the Mosfet heat problem efficiently and power shortage.
- Support a variety of stepper drivers: A4988,DRV8825,TMC2208 and TMC2100, and available to work with LCD2004,LCD12864,MKS TFT24/28/32/35 & Available to connect external large stepp drivers, A4988 driver board widely used in 3D printers and small CNC machines.
- Support functions: Non-trace resumption after power off, run out filament ,and auto shut down, XTZ axis with different color terminal controls the motors and end stop,which is convenient to wire.Use high-quality 4 layer PCB&Use special power chip.Retail Servos,AUX-1 and AUX-2 interface of Ramps1.4 provide three 5V output and three 12V output interfaces.
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step.Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output with a potentiometer, which lets you use voltages above your stepper motor's rated voltage toachieve higher step rates.Use the configuration file to set the driving current mode, avoid manual adjustment of the current to cause the burned drive, convenient, safe and reliable.
BIGTREETECH 3D Printer Upgrade Motherboard Octopus V1.1 Control Board 32bit Compatible TMC2209, TMC2208 Driver, Support DIY Klipper Firmware and Raspberry Pi Online Printing for Voron 3D Printer
- 【Main Control Chip】Uses a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M4 series STM32F446ZET6 main control chip with a core frequency of 180MHz.
- 【Strong DIY Support】This motherboard supports up to 8 stepper drivers with 9 stepper driver outputs in total; And up to 6 PWM fans and 2 always-on fans with the ability to individually select the voltage rail that will drive each fan. Select from Vin, 12V or 5V.
- 【Realize Online Printing】Interfaces with a Raspberry Pi using emulated serial over USB or direct UART to any of the serial ports on the board, to realize Klipper Firmware and Raspberry Pi Online Printing.
- 【Motherboard Expansion Function】Support BLTouch, locked-rotor detection, shutdown after printing, resume printing after power failure, CAN bus, U disk function, IIC expansion; at the same time reserved WIFI interface, PT100 thermistor interface (optional, Only reserved interfaces, customers need to purchase chip welding, please pay attention.), dual Z-axis printer.
- 【Increase Protection Function】Uses high-performance MOSFETs to increase heating efficiency while also reducing heat generation on the motherboard. Supports “print from SD card” and “print via USB OTG” using the integrated USB-A port.
Creality Ender 3 Motherboard Upgrade V4.2.7 Silent Mainboard with TMC2225 Stepper Motor Driver for Ender 3 3D Printer
- Super Silent Driver: This ender 3 silent board adopts TMC2225 drivers, which can reduce the stepper motor noise greatly.
- Thermal Runaway Protection:The controller board is optimized by circuit, effectively solve the Heating Problem.
- Creality upgraded V4.2.7 silent mainboard is 32 bit but the V1.1.5 is only 8 bit.It printing smoother and the running speed is obviously accelerated.
- The V4.2.7 mainboard firmware（32 bit）has been flashed before shipping, it does not need an ISP cable and ISP pinboard anymore, which makes it totally plug & play.
- NOTE : ONLY compatible with Ender 3.If you wanna install this board to Ender 3 Pro/Ender 5, you will need to flash the firmware. If you do not have the firmware please contact us!
HiLetgo RAMPS 1.4 Control Panel 3D Printer Control Board Reprap Control Board for Arduino Mega 2560
- The fifth stepper motor output port can be customized as a Z-axis motor or a second extruder.
- Can be extended to control other accessories.
- Three field effect transistors, three heater / fan output ports, three thermistor circuits.
- Heated bed control, extra 11A fuse.
- Pololu board foot socket, can be easily replaced or removed.
3D Printer Megatronics Board RepRap Steppermotors Megatronics V2.0 Main Driver BoardBoard Stepper Motor
- Microcontroller: Atmega2560-16AU
- Operating voltage electronics: 5V
- Operating voltage high: 12-24V (15A heated bed, 7A electronics)
- DC current per I/O Pin: 40mA
- Dimensions: 15 x 10 x 4cm
Important notes when buying board for 3d printer
There are some things you should consider when buying a board for 3d printer. We spent 22 hours researching the most important things you should consider when buying a board for 3d printer. So should we start with the list of things you should consider?
1. Budget and price matching
Make a list of the things you want in your board for 3d printer and the price you are willing to pay for it. So try to look for a product in that price range and choose the one that appeals to you the most. One tip we would like to give you is: don’t settle for a cheaper product if it doesn’t even have a function you need.
Most board for 3d printers fall within the price range of $ 45.99 to $ 36.99. Therefore, if budget is not a problem and you want the best product for your needs, we advise you to choose the BIGTREETECH SKR 2 Control Board New Upgrade Silent Board for 3D Printer Based on SKR V1.4 Turbo Motherboard for BIQU B1 Compitable TMC2209, TMC2208, DRV8825 Support TFT Display, LCD, SPI Screen.
If you want something medium range, choose BIGTREETECH Direct SKR Mini E3 V2.0 32Bit Silent Control Board Integrated with TMC2209 UART Stepper Mortor Driver for Upgrade Ender 3 Pro/5 3D Printer. If you have a very low budget, you can choose the one that is the Creality Ender 3 Motherboard Upgrade V4.2.7 Silent Mainboard with TMC2225 Stepper Motor Driver for Ender 3 3D Printer
2. Does it have all the features you need?
Most importantly, the board for 3d printer you are purchasing should have all the features you are looking for. In case you don’t even have one, don’t buy! We are saying this because you will not be able to use it for that purpose. If you are a person without budget problems, I would suggest you to choose the best model which is Creality Ender 3 Motherboard Upgrade V4.2.7 Silent Mainboard with TMC2225 Stepper Motor Driver for Ender 3 3D Printer
3. The brand
Buying the board for 3d printer from a reputable brand can actually make sense. Not only will it be better than others in terms of “build quality”, but it will also have some extra features, better customer support. Famous brands have multiple service centers across the country, so if you have any problems you can simply take your board for 3d printer to one of their service centers.
4. Warranty Matters!
When you buy a board for 3d printer from a well-known brand, you will get a guarantee. Low-cost products also come with warranties, but the claim process could be tougher. That’s why I always suggest you buy the product from a reputed brand and the one that comes under warranty. It will save you from repair costs in the future. On average, around 21% of people end up paying 40% of the product price for the service! You can save on service costs if the product is under warranty!
What is the best board for 3d printer?
The best board for 3d printer is the one that has all the features that meet your needs. I think the best is BIGTREETECH SKR 2 Control Board New Upgrade Silent Board for 3D Printer Based on SKR V1.4 Turbo Motherboard for BIQU B1 Compitable TMC2209, TMC2208, DRV8825 Support TFT Display, LCD, SPI Screen
Are there any good deals on board for 3d printer?
In the offline market, you won’t find many offers. However, I have chosen the best board for 3d printer and have added links to Amazon which has deals and deals running on a regular basis.
What is the cheapest board for 3d printer?
Although most of the cheaper board for 3d printer do not have many features, but if you are looking for the best one at a low cost, my best bet would be on Creality Ender 3 Motherboard Upgrade V4.2.7 Silent Mainboard with TMC2225 Stepper Motor Driver for Ender 3 3D Printer
Where can I buy the board for 3d printer?
There are several places where you can buy it, but in my opinion, when it comes to the online marketplace, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than Amazon. It’s because their service is great!
Why should you trust our website?
We have been in the review business for more than 15 years and our motive is to help people buy the top rated products at the best price. We went through 22 to help you find the best board for 3d printer
We hope you liked the board for 3d printers that we have listed in our best list. If it was helpful, bookmark our site and share it with people you know whenever they intend to buy something.
To conclude this guide,